Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mothers

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!



Sorry Mom and Jolene! I know that you both are wondering whether we are going to send a card or gift, and believe you me, we are!!!! Travis and I are very bad at remembering dates and commemorative holidays. Travis's excuse is that he is a boy, and my excuse is that my mom always used to buy the birthday/father's day/Christmas gifts for me and then just have me sign my name on them. (You shouldn't have babied me like that, mom. It stunted my character growth.) But don't worry, people. The gifts are comin'. Oh, and by the way...we did call on Mother's Day. We aren't THAT bad. Sheesh!








So let's start with my mom. My mom is the most hospitable and unselfish person ever. If you ever come to our house, you can tell because she spends all of her time trying to make sure that everyone else is happy and comfortable, even if she is exhausted. She is also very easy to talk to and has always been there for me throughout the years. And if any of you didn't know me as a child, let me just say that I was a VERY difficult one. Sorry, Mom! Lately Travis has been telling me, "That sounded just like your mom!!" He thinks that I'm turning into her. I act all mad, but really, if I turned out to be like her, that would be a very good thing indeed, and Travis knows it too.








This is Jolene, my mother-in-law. How blessed that I married into the Moulton family. Their mother is top notch. Jolene spends all of her time taking care of other people too. She takes care of my sweet sister-in-law, Hayley, everyday AND my crazy father-in-law, Bob. Now that is a lot of work!! (Hee. Hee. Sorry, Bob!) And in between, she is always doing everything she can to help ensure that we are safe and happy too. I have always felt loved and welcomed by her, and I really feel like a natural part of this family. Oh, and not to mention that she reared the most wonderful boy that I ever could have picked for myself.



We love you Moms and miss you so much!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the gushy tribute! I think that your mom and dad did a great job of raising you. You are a great daughter-in-law, wife, and mother.....Travis chose well as did our other sons when they picked their soulmates.
Love,

The Lander Moulton's