Sunday, May 17, 2009

5 years baby!! Can you believe it?

Friday was our anniversary. We have been married for five years. I can't hardly believe it. It has gone by so fast. We have been through a lot together. College. My first three years of teaching school. A baby. Moving about a bazillion times. First year of med school. Wow. A lot, but much more to come. It was also a little between-semester break, so we decided to take a little trip with our friends, the Lichfields, to the Oregon coast.

We stayed in a little cottage/apartment thingy right next to the beach. It was a lot of fun. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.




A cool cliff thingy.

Russell's first jaunt on the beach ever.

Now ya'll! It was cold there. The wind was blowing and the sun was hardly ever out, but that doesn't stop us tough Idaho gals!! We'z is used ta colder than cold water! Just ask them Moulton boys who was the gutsiest one when we swam in String Lake in yonder Jackson Hole! Why me, of course. I can handle cold water, I can! This is me getting all wet in the middle of practically a hurricane on the Oregon coast. (Don't worry moms and dads. We know that the Oregon coast can be treacherous. We didn't go in deep. We just went in up to our shins and then ran and splashed around.) Now if only I remembered to take my cell phone out of my pocket.... If anyone is having trouble getting ahold of me, that may be why.
We went on a mini-hike. It was too rainy to go for a real one with the boys. It was very Twilightesque there in the rainy forests of Northern Oregon. I couldn't help but keep an eye out for vampires.
Oh, my cute boys! And Bears too, of course!
We also took a tour of the Tillamook cheese factory and got some icecream. Russell's first icecream cone.
On the way home, we stopped at the Portland Zoo. We got to ride in a train.



And we saw a baby elephant. So cute.

And...DUM DUTTA DUM.....
You know how I have been wanting some pointy-toed shoes? Well, for our anniversary, Trav let me get some. At first I was only going to get black ones, but then I saw these and well... they speak for themselves.





Ha! I love them! I think they are so cool. And not to mention, according to Stacey and Clinton from TLC's What Not to Wear, the pointy toe elongates the line of the leg making me appear longer and leaner. The animal print celebrates a beautiful pattern that occurs in nature without me actually dressing up like the animal. And of course, it adds a little pizaaz!! Thanks, Trav!
Go on, Amy. I know you are going to give me another lecture about my shoe choices. We always have been on different planets when it comes to this.


8 comments:

Sara G said...

OH and I forgot to write Happy Anniversary in my comment!

Nick and Haley said...

I am very jealous you visited the Oregon coast! I haven't been there in years! I have been trying to convince Mom to plan a family trip over there when we come over this summer but I don't think that is going to happen. :( Happy anniversary though! I LOVE THE PICTURE OF RUSS WITH ICE CREAM ALL OVER HIS FACE! You and Trav made one cute kid! :) p.s. Nick and I find out whether we are having a girl or boy this Thursday! Crazy! I will let you know!

Tara said...

I like your shoes! What are you going to wear them with? I''m also jealous you went to the Oregon Coast. It looks like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a very fun trip. Thnks for reassuring us that you were safe and took safety precautions on the cost of Oregon. I hope that the memories will last forever. What wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing them with us.
It also looks like you have been very busy making your apartment a home both inside and out.

The Moulton's from ander

Natalie and Ryan said...

Oh how fun! I LOVE the Oregon Coast. It is so beautiful and fun. I went to the Tillamook cheese factory a long time ago. I love your shoes.

snowball said...

I've heard that Tillamook ice cream is one of the best. looks like Russell approved of it..
looks like you had fun and I also like your shoes. Need to find some for Jamies wedding hate shopping

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

ASHLEY! I LOVE YOUR SHOES! THEY ARE THE BESTEST EVER! I'M SOOOOOO INCREDIBLY JEALOUS! I WISH MY HUSBAND WOULD BUY ME SOME! (WE JUST HAD OUR 19 YEAR, BY THE WAY...) (AND, I REALLY DON'T EVER REMEMBER HATING YOUR SHOES....THOUGH I PROBABLY DID...AND DO....)(WHATEVER,TIME TO LET IT GO ASHLEY!)

Dirt, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

the shoes are rockin!!!
looks like you had a fun time on vacation!
xxxxxx
k