Friday, January 15, 2010

Which Ashley is bigger??

So here are some pictures for a quick comparison.




Here I am on my due date with Russell.




Here I am a week and a half before my due date with baby girl. (Name not yet revealed.)

So which Ashley is bigger? It is probably kind of hard to tell, especially since one of the photos is taken at a closer angle. Let me know what you think. I won't be offended...promise.

I actually felt like my stomach was bigger with Russell. But I also feel like this little girl takes up more space in my stomach than Russ did, so I think that she will be at least a little bigger than him. I guess we shall see...


Anyway...we have been very busy prepping for baby girl. Here are some things that I have sewn on my sweet sewing machine.




The purple and brown squares are courderoy, and the printed squares are cotton. I love it! I copied a cute quilt that my sister-in-law made for Russ only with girly prints and colors.

The other blanket is just a little flannel bundling blanket, but I just loved the little piggies in the print. Aren't they sooooo cute!! I made a bunch of matching burp rags too!

JUST WAIT until you see what else we are working on!!! Travis is making the most beautiful bassinet for our little girl. He has been working so hard on it that sometimes he can't sleep at night because he sits up and thinks about it and how he is going to make it just perfect. It is ALMOST finished. I am also putting my new sewing talents to work making a bumper pad and sheets for it. Can't wait to post pics. Soon people, soon!

Anyway. I'm sure you will be updated fairly soon, cuz I could go into labor at any time now. Hopefully I will. This kid is soooooooo wiggly. She is a painful one to carry. Can't wait to meet her! Russ is dying to meet her too. He keeps dressing up his stuffed animals in her clothes and dragging them around the house pretending it is her. He's probably starting to think that I've been lying this whole time and she's never really coming out!!

Anyway...stay tuned!

8 comments:

The Van Fam said...

Yay I am first. I think you are bigger with baby girl. It was great seeing you for a minute at Grandma's.
I love the quilt.

Anonymous said...

I think you are bigger this time. It will be over soon. Beautiful Quilt I wish I had sewing skills.

Natalie and Ryan said...

I thought at Christmas you looked smaller than with Russell. Good luck with everything. I can't wait to meet the little wiggler.

Saimi said...

Baby girl has Russell beat! Good job on the quilts, Yay for sewing machines, aren't they fun!!

Jennifer said...

LOVE your blanket and quilt!! I think they are SO VERY cute!! Honestly...you're looking a little large in both pics :) I can only say this since I've been there twice as well!! I think you look bigger in the second one though. But you are wearing a hoodie and it's closer like you said. I hope everything goes well for you this last little bit. Have fun with the arrival of your little girl. It will be so fun to watch Russ with her. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

THE MOULTON's on LANDER SAY:
Wow! You two have been so very busy! And so has Russell! How cute for him to carry his stufed animals around. Hopefully, he will continue to do that and not grab baby to bring her to you because she is sleeping!

The quilt and blanket are beautiful as everything else is.
Savor the fun times, and remember to share with those of us who are not able to be with you!

Hopefully Amity will come at the right time during your busy schedules this next little while!Take care!

snowball said...

like every one said you've been busy!!! and doing so well at all you under took!
I have to say I think with your little(?) girl you look larger too bad you didn't keep measurements..

Emily Empey said...

i think you are bigger with baby girl! haha i lOVE your facial expression on the top pic! haha you crack me up! Good luck and can't wait to see pics of her!!