Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's done!!!! (almost)

Okay...so we have been VERY crafty around here lately. Here is the rest of our stuff.




This is a little bracelet that I made. I had a really hard time getting a decent picture. I still have to check the sizing and cut off the ends.




I also made this reversible nursing cover. I made one side sort of neutral/boyish so that I wouldn't feel like I was feminizing my future male offspring.




And here is the cute female side.


And now...for Travis's bassinet debut.........




TA DA!!!! Isn't it beautiful? I just love the way it turned out!




It swings on those little hooks, but there is also a little stopper knob that you can stick in it to hold it still. We still need to cut off the end of a couple of bolts and that center board on the bottom still hasn't been stained in this picture, but other than that, it is pretty much done.




Don't you love the little hearts? My husband is so talented, ain't he? We got the idea from some friends of ours who had one that their father had made. Travis liked it so much that he took a few measurements and changed it up a little and went right at it. When he first told me he was going to do it, I was like, "That's great, Travis. I support you totally. Follow those big dreams of yours." I didn't actually expect it to get done, but he has been using this as an outlet from all of his studying. Needless to say, he really surprised me.

We had to make a custom matress and sheets and bumper. Travis did the matress, and I sewed this cute little bumper and sheet set.

So...what do you think?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed!!! They are beautiful. The cradle is impressive. You just need a baby.

Kate Call said...

look at you go! so fun! aren't girls so fun to shop/prepare for!! LOVE the braclet!
and i couldn't be more jealous that you are due in just days! good luck! can't wait to see pictures!

Natalie and Ryan said...

Awesome! It looks great. Both of you did a great job on the bassinet. The nursing cover will come in handy. I really liked having one.

Anonymous said...

THE MOULTON's in LANDER SAID....
Great Job! What a great family heirloom! Now, what is your next project? You guys are so talented....Are you sure you did not come from the red cabbage patch?

The cradle is beautiful and so are the bumper pads and sheets.

Saimi said...

You guys ROCK!! Travis that is an amazing bassinet and Ashley you did a great job on the bedding. You have become quite the little sewer, and should be well pleased with yourself!!

Question: Travis, do you do side work, I need a doggie bed frame so my naught Beagle will stop chewing up his bed! I'll pay!

Katie said...

You two are so stinkin' talented! I wish I could sew up a storm like you do. And that bassinet is amazing and will be such a cool family heirloom. You guys are awesome! Can't wait to see pics of the baby girl!

Steph said...

Wow! That's incredible! I'm super impressed!

Darren & Kenna said...

Wow! I am seriously impressed! Everything looks beautiful! I can't wait to find out what you are naming your little girl and I can't wait to see what she looks like! The next couple of days are going to be very exciting.

Tara said...

Yea, I love it! Cradle, bumpers, bracelet and all... Great job guys! Where did Travis get all of the tools to make that? Randy's excuse is that he doesn't have the right tools. Where did he have space to make it? I need your secrets!

snowball said...

Travis you did so good! Guess you got good genes huh? truly very impressed with everything both of you pat each other on the back :)

The Van Fam said...

That bassinet is awesome. I loved the one we had for Megan, and we picked it up off the street. Such a talented family.

Mandy said...

WOW Ash!!! I am in AWWW and envy with your crafty hands! I love the cover and everything about the crib cute cute!! Love and miss you!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

What fun, cute crafts!!

Logan|Lexy said...

B-E-A-utiful!!! Have that baby already!

Call me when you're in labor...I'll talk ya through it. :)

Chrissy, said...

Yes you are both so talented! Your sewing is awesome and the craddle amazes me. I showed Kenna she is so excited for you. Her eyes light up so cute. Just for fun she wanted share with you her top 5 names for a baby girl.

1.Kenna
2.Alyssa
3.Katie
4.Isabel
5.Brooke

Good luck and enjoy your new baby!!

Emily Empey said...

WOW! Thats awesome! that is adorable!! I love the sheets and bumper pads as well! SUch a cute idea!! Good job guys!

Sara G said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME...whoa you two are a talented couple of coolios!

Evan and Kerri said...

That is SO CUTE!! Travis did a fabulous job, and you did a super-fabulous job with the "insides"! Keep us updated when that little girl shows up- I'm so excited for you guys!! Luv ya!