Sunday, October 25, 2009

Yay for Halloween!!!!!

Those of you who know me really well probably remember that I LOVE Halloween. Travis will even tell you... I checked out a Halloween idea book from the library back in August and have been plotting my Halloween festivities/decorations/food ever since!! (Travis thinks that I'm a little crazy sometimes.) So here are some things that we have been doing...




Of course, no Halloween would be complete without a little bit of pumpkin carving.




These are two of our finished products. We still have one more to do, though. Sorry if you can't see the one on the left very well. It's a skull. That one is Russell's. He picked out the design by himself. The other one is mine. Travis didn't finish his pumpkin because he was helping Russ.





Russell trying on part of my costume. I'll post pics of our costumes probably next week.




So I have been decoration up a storm. I've made a lot of my stuff. I get a lot of my ideas from http://www.familyfun.go.com/. I love that site. Check it out for all sorts of games/craft ideas for your kids. Plus recipes and all sorts of other stuff. This is just a standard old grapvine wreath, spray painted black with some ribbon and spiders attached.




More spiders to scare the trick-or-treaters!!!!




These two guys haunt our yard...




probably because they died and were buried right on the property. Didn't I ever tell you guys about that?



These bats were a great project for Russell and I to do together. As a teacher I am always thinking about what I can do to prep Russell for school, and one thing is to work on his fine-motor skills. You know...cutting, gluing, coloring, writing. These are skills that they really hit hard in preschool and kindergarten. Russell did most of the gluing for these bats.



The fun thing is, they have clothes pins on the back, so you can hang them almost anywhere. I will probably make more next year.

And we made these cute pumpkins out of an egg carton. He did most of the painting and helped me stick the stems through.

I bought this cool cylinder vase at Walmart to fill with all kinds of things as a centerpeice for my table or counter.

Then we added a spray-painted branch to make a tree. Then of course we added all sorts of horrible things to the branches...rats, spiders, skeletons...MUUU HAAA HAAAAA!!!

I made this ghost curtain pull-back out of felt and hot glue.
So sorry for all the pics of my decorating...as you can tell, we had a lot of fun. One of these days when we have our own house, I'm going to be known as the creepy lady down the street whose house is scary to trick-or-treat at. It's a dream of mine...



Russ being silly with his Halloween party stuff. We got to go back to Idaho and have a party with my fam. So much fun!!!!


Halloween sugar cookies!!!

Mmmmmmmm! In addition to these, I try to do a Halloween themed meal once a week. Ya know...monster claws with eyeball salad. Stuff like that.



Now to add to the list of what has been going on...I have been getting progressively fatter. Here I am at 25ish weeks. How am I ever going to make it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas without gaining about a million pounds?!!?
Oh, and by the way...we think we know what we are going to name the kid, but I'm not quite ready to tell yet. Maybe next time.

12 comments:

Katie said...

You are such a fun mom! Even when pregnant! I feel like I've been the worst mom in the world since being pregnant. Anyway, your decorations are awesome and I want you to know that I have the same fears of gaining a million pounds while pregnant over the holidays this year! If you figure out how to avoid that, let me know. :)

Sara G said...

Awesome decor! And you look so cute prego. Live it up during the holidays...it's the only time you can eat as much as you want w/o guilt. I, on the other hand, REALLY do need to worry about getting this baby weight off (although I'm nursing, so I still pretend I have an excuse). Bytheway, those Halloween cookies look yummy--eat some extra for me!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

I think the last pic was the scariest! Happy belated birthday! Love ya! Yer a purdy awesome mom, ya know? Puts the rest of us to shame for sure!

Dirt, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

you are so crafty!!! the decorations are awesome! i love them! and best of all you guys did them together!
loving your hair right now - pregnancy looks good on you!
xoxo

Saimi said...

I am so proud of you! Working with preschoolers and seeing how many of them don't know what to do with scissors, glue, tape ect... it's so nice to see a good mom like you working and playing and allowing your child to actually help you with all your baking and decorating. What an AWESOME mom you are!!! Russell is off to a great start! I love all your Halloween fun, looks spooky and scary!! Keep up the good work!!

snowball said...

totally enjoyed your decorations what fun you have...was watching Sandra lee's semi home made today and she had this cupcake ought to check it out had an eye ball on top of it a peanut butter filling inside
really looked halloweeny but sounded really good!!!
thanks for sharing Uncle Larry got a chuckle out of Russell

Emily Empey said...

THOSE ARE SUCH FUN DECORATIONS!!!!

And way to keep us all in suspense on the babys name! you are looking good an a cute prego!

Darren & Kenna said...

I love it!! I remember Halloween shopping with you our first year teaching together at Snow Springs!! Great decorations. I was hoping my little girl would be born on Halloween, but it's already almost 5:30pm and no contractions yet, so I don't think it's going to happen!

Darrell said...

We found your blog. What a cool blog for an amazing family. Travis' costume was the best. Post a picture please. I want to send a picture to my very Irish brother.

Logan|Lexy said...

Ash!

You look so pretty in that last picture of you! I miss you so much! I'm sorry I'm such a bad friend and we haven't talked in so long! Let's chat it up this week! I'm actually going to call you really soon to talk about a christmas present I am working on. I'm going to need everyone's help!

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi" and "I miss you". Hope you're feeling okay! Your decorations rock!

Love you guys,

Lex

Lanier Household Creations said...

I just love all of your Halloween stuff! So cute! We miss you guys!!!

Steph said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with all of your fun Halloween ideas. You're such a fun mom!