Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Drumroll Please........................................

WE WON!!!!!!

Yes, you heard it. That leprechaun suit along with the accompanying limerick that Travis and I wrote and Travis's marvelous cannonball that got the judges wet, helped us win $2000!! I guess all that sewing was worth it! (If you do not know what I am talking about, scroll down to check out the leprechaun suit.)

In case you are wondering, Travis entered a scholarship contest called the cannonball bash. He had to dress up in a costume, recite an original limerick that began with, "If I had 2 Grand I would...," then he had to jump in the water in his costume. Here was our original limerick, written by Travis and I.

If I had 2 Grand I would head
To go golfing until I dropped dead.
But since the wife I've been lov'n
Has a bun in the oven (large hand gesture over belly)
I think I'll buy diapers instead!

We tried to make it funny while also playing off of the judges sympathies. (Oh poor us! We are in med school and are about to have our second child. Boo hoo!) And it worked!! Yay!!!

Now...what to do with the money.... We probably should spend it on diapers.

13 comments:

Steph said...

Hooray! That's sweet! Love the limerick, too!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!! We have been waiting for you to announce it. Congratulations you three and 1/2!
Perhaps at least 1 package of Newborn Diapers should be purchased with the pot of gold.

The Moulton's from Lander

Hilary said...

Hey Ashley! I saw your comment on Emily Spurgeon's blog and wondered if this was you since there aren't too many Moultons around. It looks like you guys are doing great. Congrats on your adorable son and the "bun in the oven"! I'm super impressed by that costume too. It looks like all your hard work paid off.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

That is so awesome and I was SERIOUSLY amazed at your sewing skills. I didn't know that you sewed. Great job!

Lanier Household Creations said...

That is so awesome!!! The costume is really awesome!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

You are so incredibly talented! Wow, simply stunning! :) :) :)

Brad and Tiff said...

Ash! I am SOO impressed with your sewing and rhyming talent! I wish you were in St. Louie so we could sew together! :) Are you going to make yourself a matching costume for halloween now?

cm said...

Okay so I will comment so you will be pumped. I AM impressed with your sewing skills. You are right that is a HARD pattern that you attemped. yOU DID A good job of picking out the perfect fabric too. It was fun to see you this weekend and finally see Russel in Person. What a cutie he is and what a cute family you three make.

Mandy said...

Ash, you rock!!!!

The Van Fam said...

That is awesome. Love the limerick.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed.You are a very good seamstress. I can't even do straight lines straight.

Melissa said...

I feel like bowing down before you. You are the sewing wizard. I am very impressed. Congrats on winning!

Dirt, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

you guys are Legends!!!! i bet you won by miles too!!!