Saturday, August 29, 2009

PREPARE YOURSELVES TO BE DAZZLED AND AMAZED!!!

I don't normally like to brag, but in this case...I just have to. I undertook a VERY difficult sewing project for my sweetheart, Travis. I had to make him a costume so that he can wear it as he dives into a swimming pool for a scholarship contest. This is what I have been slaving over for the last week...





Ta Da!!! Yes, my friends. Travis is a leprechaun. And doesn't he make a great one with that red hair and beard? By the way, those are real buttons with real button holes made by my trusty new sewing machine that I got for Christmas. (I love my machine!)




Here is a nice view from the back. How do you like the puffed sleeves?




Nice stiff, high collar, wouldn't you say?




Sweet little knickers, eh? With an old fashioned flap fly. I know...I'm amazing...



Enjoying the coat tails? I thought you would.
Mom, I hope you are proud, cuz this was HARD, and I had NO HELP! (Except for Travis, but he doesn't know how to sew at all.)



And for the most recent Russell news...





HOORAY FOR UNDERPANTS!!!!!! Russell is almost potty trained! He only wears diapers while he is sleeping. He has the #1 thing down very well. #2 we are still working on.

What does Russell do with his time?
This.
And This.
And this! Russ spends nearly all of his time playing with his cars, moving them from place to place in the house, and setting them up in meticulously planned little arrangements. He takes them outside, in the dirt, in his closet, and everywhere you could imagine. He also talks to them, makes up little stories and scenarios, sings to them, makes them talk to each other, and of course, makes car noises.
Russ has been saying the cutest things as he has learned to communicate more and more. Just yesterday we told him that we were going to a BBQ, and about an hour later he said, "We going to the barbecue sauce yet?" We love our little pumpking and are so excited to have another one to join the fun!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Ashley!!!! Good luck Travis we hope and pray that you will ge the scholarship.
Russ you are amazing. We found some of the trucks you played with at our house lined up on the bed waiting for you to come back and play with them.
Take care and lots of love,
The Moulton's from Lander
es that includes Grandpa, grandma and Hayley

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You have in fact surpassed me in domesticity many times over now...wowwy zowwy. Travis surely does make a mighty fine gold-digger, that's for sure! Good luck to ya'll!

Love ya Russell! It must be his love of cars and such that has finally won Joshua over!

Natalie and Ryan said...

Great job Ashley on Travis' costume. It looks really amazing and perfect. Did you use a pattern or did you make it up. I am glad to see a new costume for him. It's a great idea especially with his red hair. I love that Russell is playing with his cars. We gave Sydia cars for her b-day and she loves them. When do you find out the gender for your next baby?

Katie said...

WOW! I am completely awed by your sewing abilities!! The costume looks awesome! Also glad to hear you're surviving the potty training! I'm dreading that one....

Emily Empey said...

WOW! I am impressed! Looks very good! Russ is adorable!

Tara said...

THAT IS SO COOL! Ash, I'm really impressed... by the way, are you ever going to make me the tutu I won? I'm waiting.........

snowball said...

so very cute!!! you did an awesome job Ashley. Have you had lessons sewed for a long time or just something new? I really am impressed...
And super neat news Russell wearing big boy pants!!
love aunt sheila

The Van Fam said...

Awesome job on both the suit, and potty training.

Logan|Lexy said...

I'm EXTREMELY impressed! We talked to your parents on the phone tonight and your dad told us about the contest. I want to hear what you guys came up with!!!

Congratulations and Travis is a stupendous leprechaun.!!!

Lanier Household Creations said...

HIs costume looks awesome! I love it! We miss you guys!!!!!

Kim said...

I am SOOO impressed!!!!