Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Travis!!!!!!

I recieved a husband tag from Heather, and it was perfect timing because today is Travis's birthday!!! Yay!! So here we go.


1. What is his name? Travis Reed Moulton (Reed is a third generation name. Well, I guess that Russell Reed makes it fourth generation.)


2. Who eats more? This is embarrassing...but a lot of times...me!! NOT ALWAYS!!!! But Travis does have a lot more self control when it comes to food and sweets.

3. Who said, "I love you," first? Travis did. He said it after we had been dating for a few months and were walking around the greenbelt. I wasn't quite ready to say it back yet, but I did anyway so that I wouldn't hurt his pride. (Hee. Hee. I don't think he even knows that. Don't worry Trav, I got ready soon after!!)


4. Who is taller? Travis


5. Who is smarter? A tie!! Obviously Travis is a smarty. He's in med school! But I always remind him that I could've been a doctor just as easily as him!! He is really good at strategy games like Chess and Stratego. (I only beat him every once in a while.) I'm probably better with reading/writing type stuff. I alway revise and edit his essays for him. But I am so proud of him because he is doing very well in school, and I know lots of people are struggling.

6. Who is more sensative? Me...for sure. Travis can be sensative too, but not enough to overshadow his manliness! But he is definately sensative to my needs and feelings.


7. Who does the laundry? Me!! I am a stain-removing magician!! Travis helps when I need it, though. He takes out the garbage.


8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Travis. But we really switch around depending on our room situation. Travis is a sweetie and always lets me have the side that has more room to the side of it. So selfless!

9. Who pays the bills? Travis used to, but now that he is busy with med school, I do.


10. Who cooks more? Me. I love to plan out weekly menus, shop, and cook. I know that many of you women must think that I'm crazy, but it's a thrill!!


11. What meals do you cook together? Chicken Parmasian. A meal first introduced to our family by Travis!


12. Who is more stubborn? BOTH, but not so much that it gets in the way of our relationship. We can both give a little...depending on the issue.


13. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Well, I think that Travis mostly wears them, but I follow him around trying to put one of my legs in too. We really are perfect for each other because neither of us overshadows the other. We really have a great balance. And I needed a really complicated blend of a strong, manly man that at the same time allows me to be strong and opinionated too. Travis does exactly that!

14. What do you like to do together? Everything!! camp, rock-climb, hike, bowl, soccer, art, watch movies. We even read the last Harry Potter book out loud to each other!! But there are things that we can't do together. Dance. My dancing embarrasses Travis, and when we do couple's dances, I can't follow his lead. Clean. We have different cleaning styles. I like to do it all at once- even if it takes all day. Travis doesn't. Shop. Travis can be incredibly immature when we shop. He HATES it.


15. Who eats more sweets? Me. Hands down.

16. Guilty Pleasures? King of Queens and ice cream. American's Funniest Home Videos. Movie nights. Scookies.


17. How did you meet? At a blind "hang-out session" at BYU-Idaho. He actually didn't go to school there. He was just visiting from Jackson Hole to meet "chicks." Ironically, I almost didn't even go. It was the turning point of my life. That night I almost went shopping in IF instead. I stood in the parking lot thinking, "Which one, which one?" I reluctantly chose to go to the party because I thought, "Maybe I'll meet a cool guy." Good thing, or my life would be completely different right now.


18. Who asked out who? Well, he was scared, so after the party, his friends knocked on my door and asked me for my phone number. Normally I would have said, "Drop dead!!" But I was REALLY attracted to his curly red-brown hair (and him too). I always dreamed of marrying a man with curly red-brown hair.

19. Who kissed who first? He kissed me, of course. But I set up the scenario by asking him to take me for a nice drive up to Inspiration Point in Jackson Hole. By the way, we dated for three months before we even kissed once!!!

20. Who proposed? Travis of course! We went sledding at night and he lit the hill on fire with the words, "I love you!" How romantic...and original! Love that boy!


21. His best features? I can't pick. The most obvious...his georgeous hair...I've had lots of women tell me that they want to run their fingers through it. But also his plump lips, sense of humor, personality, and manly physique.


22. What is his best quality? This guy is the best dad and the best husband. He spends lots of time playing with Russ. Really sitting down on the floor and giving Russ his full attention. He makes Russ feel so loved and happy. He is also so good to me. Always kind, helpful, patient, and supportive. He is so easy to talk to. We tell each other everything. Each day when he comes home, we are just bursting to relate the news of the day to each other. He is my perfect man and my best friend. When we first got married, I had several of my old friends come up to me and say, "I always wondered what kind of guy you would end up with, and then I saw Travis and it just makes so much sense." It really does make so much sense. You can tell from these crazy pictures that we are so much alike. Marrying Travis was the wisest decision I ever made. I am so glad that I put off those cold and unapproachable vibes to boys for all those years, because I was saving all my energy and love for you, Travis!! Happy 27th Birthday!!

I tag: Kathy, Amy (ha ha!), Melinda, and Natalie

8 comments:

Nick and Haley said...

Yeah Ash...I'm glad I gave boys "cold and unapproachable vibes" also! Best thing I ever did! We should spread the word to other women out there what they should really be doing to get the man of their dreams!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Happy wappy birthday Travy wavy poo-poo! And thanks for the tag, Ash, I did so well last time!

Kate Call said...

i have never met your husband.. but i think he is funny already!! but he would have to be to be married to you.. you have always been hilarious!! looks like you guys have too much fun together.. thats the way it should be!! happy birthday travis!!

Lanier Household Creations said...

Happy Birthday Travis!

Logan|Lexy said...

This is the cutest, grossest, most ROMANTIC thing ever! I love you both! Logan too! Logan loves you both! You guys are so perfect for each other! I couldn't be happier for you guys! Hope Ash took care of you on your birthday, Trav.

Mandy said...

you guys are too cute!

yettie/jessie said...

oh man i love your blog tell trav that john loves his costumes. So i think you take way more ictures then me have you been blogging for a while i just got on and am still trying to figure it out but keep checking us out and i am so looking at yours way fun love it.
So hey are you guys in if now or where are you.

Tara said...

Wow, what a manly man... I never thought about it, but Travis and Randy sound a LOT alike. Randy's very immature when he goes shopping too... I have to make him promise to be good before we go in. Happy Birthday Travis!