Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Some New Family Pictures

We recently got our pictures taken...by a pro!!! First time ever!! We have NEVER paid to get them taken before. All of our pictures are done by Travis or I, severe ameteurs. Actually, we didn't have to pay for these either because we have really, REALLY nice people in our ward back in Yakima that bought us a surprise photo session at a ward auction a while back. Seriously the nicest family ever!!!

These are a few of my favs.



Aren't my boys so cute!



Trying to get Mity to smile.



Mother daughter shot.




My handsome hubby and I.








Raspberries.



We scheduled the shoot right during Mity's nap, which is really too bad, because she is usually way more smiley than this. But that is okay. We got some cute shots of her anyway.



There's a hint of a smile. (Note to self: ALWAYS schedule photo shoots as soon after naps as possible.)


Awww...brother-sister love.



My sweet boy is getting so big.



He is only 3, but I swear he acts like he is 5. He says the darndest things. Today at a little neighborhood get-together, I went to check on him and found him wrestling (VERY aggressively I might add) with three six-year-olds. At first I was worried about him because they were all ganging up on him, and it was pretty rough. But I just let them continue when I realized that he was the aggressor and they were all having tons of fun. A couple of the other boys were yelling, "Hey, you little guy! Let go of my friend!"
Anyway, he has been obsessed with death and blood lately. Today he asked me, "Mom, do your bones have blood in them? Or is the blood just outside of your bones?" A little creeeeepy if you ask me.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Cute pictures Ashley! We got pictures done a few weeks ago, too, and my normally very smiley baby was tired and wouldn't crack the slightest of smiles for us. I was so sad. So I learned my lesson too--pictures immediately following nap are a much better idea! Glad to hear my child isn't the only one with a weird fascination with death....

Natalie and Ryan said...

I saw your pictures up here in Lander and love how they turned out. Can you send me some of the pictures or a cd. I really like your family picture and the one with Russ and Amity. I can put them on my magnet board with my other pictures. Maybe we can do a swap and exchange a cd of last christmas pictures. Let me know.

Tara said...

They turned out way cute! Russ is getting so big! And they are very very cute. I'd say they took after me. =) JK. They look like both of you. Thanks for the pics!