Saturday, June 13, 2009

To take a break from studying, we took a drive up to Bear Lake to fish. Travis was the only one to catch anything and boy was it a monster!!!!! Shortly after this picture, the fish jumped out of his hand and into Russell's face. He did not like that much.






That didn't dismay him, he went up again on Saturday to celebrate being done with his first year of medical school. He has been slowly accumulating fishing gear over the last couple of years. He took his float tube for its maiden voyage and it payed off. Almost every cast had a bite and he brought in about 30 rainbow trouts. He took his limit of five home to BBQ and eat. It was good eating.






Most of them were only about 12 inches long but one of them really was a monster.




16 inches, way to go Travis. And congratulations on finishing your first year of med school.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment with you guys. What a fun family activity. So Travis, did you mount it or eat it? Your dad would probably like a day or relaxing fly fishing. Have a good summer break!
Love,
Mom, Dad, and Hayley

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Yeah Travis!

Steph said...

16 inches! Holy cow!

Steph said...

Wow! 30 fish! That's amazing!

Steph said...

Good job, Travis!

Steph said...

Hoorah! ;)

Unknown said...

I meant to comment yesterday when i saw the post, but got busy. That is an amazing fish Travis, looks delicious. Oh how I miss washington. Then you talk about going to Moses Lake, that's my old stompin' grounds, and where my mom & step-dad live along with many of my friends. I'm jealous of all your adventures, oklahoma just doesn't have much to offer for outdoors stuff.

Shine said...

Lol! That one big fish could eat the "tiny" other fishes! (Although 12 inches is still pretty good!) Way to go fisherman!

Lisa Robinson said...

Holy smolks! Those fish are sure beauties!! Way to go guys!! Looks like so much fun!!

Emily said...

I think you should have taken a picture of the fish next to something really small, like a baby shoe. Then, it would have looked REALLY HUGE! I think you would have stimulated a lot more comments that way. Next time...next time...

Nick and Haley said...

Travis is really hairy. He looks like he is from Eugene, Oregon. I bet you have had a secret thing for hippies for many years now...
Hairy people=Hippies=Oregon=AMAZING

snowball said...

how I wish I could have been there..would so love to have a fresh trout. Uncle Larry doesn't fish and I'd love to have one. All of them are good size. But that one was really neat... and Ashley don't think you needed to ask for comments. They seem to be here.
Aunt sheila

Darren & Kenna said...

I need you to teach me how to catch fish, so I can be a stellar fisherman, too! I wish we could come to WA to visit you guys! Anytime you want to come to San Diego, let me know!