Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Toys for Russy-Roo and Other Updates

I got a calling everyone! I am the new primary pianist!!!! It's a good thing Travis got me that keyboard last year for Christmas. I know. I know. You are all thinking about how I am not the best piano player and an even worse practicer. Your accusations are all true. But there are only about three people in our entire ward who play the piano, and they were desperate. I figure that primary is a good place to start getting over my fear of playing in front of people. This will probably be the hardest calling that I've had so far. Pray, family and dear friends. Pray.

I have also become the vice president of the medical schools spouses and significant others association. We plan all kinds of activities and fund raisers and service projects. I am also the chairsperson of the book club. Yay!!

Travis is a senate member of student councel, and he is in charge of intramurels (typical) and is also a communication channel between students and staff when it comes to rotations and residencies.

Travis and I play on an indoor soccer league every Wednesday. Fun! Fun!!

Travis is about to get a new calling too, but I won't tell what it is until next week!

Here are some new pics.



So last night I was browsing on Craigslist, and I found a killer deal. I've been looking everyday for a while now because I wanted some fun outdoor toys for Russ. Well, I found what I was looking for and more!! This really nice family was selling both of these for a price that I normally found for just one toy.



And then the family threw these in for free just because they are nice. They even drove it to our house in their truck. How sweet are they!! Russell and I are ecstatic. Now he will have plenty of stuff to occupy his attention in the back yard.

P.S. Don't you love his faux hawk?

4 comments:

Chrissy, said...

You will do great at you new calling. What a great way to challenge a talent. Kenna and Erika are practicing to play the prelude in primary and they are nervous.

Score on the play toys!

Natalie and Ryan said...

Dats funnee! Thanks for the comment our blog. Have a great weekend!
-Nat

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Hey Russell looks good in dinosaur hair!

~Joshua

Anonymous said...

It looks like Russell is at home with his new toys.....
And what crazy parents for the Halloween party. You guys are crazy and we love you.