Friday, September 12, 2008

Our Adventures

So...we found someone in our ward to go climbing with, and he knows all the routes. Don't worry. Russ was safely at a babysitters, and we took every safety precaution possible. We went to a place that supposedly has a lot of rattlesnakes. We saw a dead one. It was pretty scary because we thought that it was alive at first, and Travis almost put his hand right on it...by accident.









This is Travis climbing a very difficult one! See that crack going up. At one point, Travis had both hands and feet wedged into that one crack. Very difficult!! I didn't even try this one this time because I was way too tired from the other two I climbed.





He made it up, though! Way to go, babe!







This climb was pretty hard too.






Overlooking the valley and the Tieton River.





Me on an easy climb. Peice of cake.
Can you tell that I've been working out? Please say yes, or I'll just curl up and die!




This climb was pretty hard. I had to wedge body parts into a crack in the rock so that I could shimmy up. Travis was very proud of me. He said that he even had a hard time on this one.


I made it!!! See the crack?









Ya, so all these knee bruises are from wedging my leg into that crack!!! Ouch!!

6 comments:

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

You're both nuts, that's all I gotta say.

Nick and Haley said...

You look great Ash...Show us a whole picture of you (not just your backside) so we can see the full results! :) By the way, I am so jealous you and Travis found someone to go rock climbing with over there! Nick and I have never found anyone! :(

Tish Solomon said...

wow! you rock! and you guys are mad! I would be way too scared to do that... I am impressed! glad I found your blog. hope you are all well:-)
Tish

snowball said...

Ok you were too far away to tell but this is my feelings if you can do that climb you couldn't be too far oout of shape anyway!!! looking good and my aunt part wants to say what are you thinking? but know that you like it so do take care
love the aunt who travels

Kathryn Lichfield said...

Ashley, you didn't tell me that you were climbing that high! Good thing I had little Russell here safe and sound.

Tara said...

I am definitely very jealous... of your rocks that you have to climb, the friends to do it with, and that you can work out. Oh.... the woes of living in Oklahoma where there is nothing but flat. Good news is that I can work off this fat soon! Anyways, you guys look good, from the back side anyways. =)